Degrees and Certifications:
Miss N. Tarantino
Period 8/9: 6th Grade English Language-Arts
Ms. Tarantino and Mrs. Zultanky
Homework for the Week:
Wednesday 4/10: Wordly Wise Lesson 16 parts A-E and test tomorrow
Finish Holes R.A.C.E responses (if necessary)
- Homework is an essential part of this class and will be checked daily. Students who miss three homework assignments will receive a detention, with detention to follow for any additional missing homework assignment.
- Students will be responsible for independent reading in addition to our class novels and other assignments.
- Student grades will be determined using a point system. All tests, quizzes, writing assignments, projects, homework, and classwork will be given a point value. The number of points received divided by the total possible points will be the numerical grade.
- Extra credit assignments will be offered throughout the year, and extra help is always available. Please see us if you are having any difficulty and we can arrange a time to review.
- Composition book to be used as a journal
- Three-ring binder (or section of a binder) devoted to ELA, divided into four sections: novel/book, writing, vocabulary, and grammar
- Plenty of lined paper
- Pencils and pens
- Sticky notes
- Books for independent reading (may be borrowed from the Garwood Library or from our classroom library)