Ms. Karen Lukacovic, RN, CSN 908-789-0331 ext. 2103
If you have any questions or concerns about your child please do not hesitate to call or email. Stay Healthy !
Information about Low Cost (or No Cost) Health Insurance. Click Here
Frequently Asked Questions about Vaccines
HPV Vaccine - Questions and Answers
Pertussis (Whooping Cough) FAQ
Click here for an Important Notice for students entering the sixth grade in September
Precautions to help avoid getting sick follow:
· Eat a healthy diet and get enough sleep to help keep us strong.
· Hand washing is our best line of defense. Wash your hands before coming to school and after lunch. Use hand sanitizers frequently during the day.
· If you have to cough or sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or use the upper portion of your sleeve, not your hands. Put the used tissue in the waste basket.
· Cleanse your hands after coughing and sneezing. Purell is available in the classroom for students to cleanse their hands. When using Purell, as with any other alcohol based products, it should be applied to your hands and rubbed in until your hands are dry. Care should be taken not to have Purell type products make contact with your eyes as it can be irritating.
· If you do develop flu symptoms such as fever, body aches, sore throat, headache, or cough, you must stay home until you are fever free and symptom free for 24 hours without Advil or Tylenol.
· If you have a pre-existing health condition, then please contact your physician.
· When calling your child in ill, please be specific concerning your child's symptoms. We monitor the attendance daily and are working closely with the Westfield Department of Health.
If your child will be participating in middle school sports he/she is required by law to have a sports physical. As part of healthy life skills, it is recommended that each student continue to see his/her regular physician for an annual physical exam and vaccination review.
Click here for sports physical procedures
Click here for Annual Athletic Pre-Participation Physical Examination Form, Parts A & B
Click here for the Health History Update for Athletic Participation Part C Form.
Click here for information about concussions
Click here for information about Sudden Cardiac Death (SCD)
For more Health Office forms such as Asthma, Food Allergy, and Requests for Medication CLICK HERE
Karen Lukacovic, School Nurse
Here are some helpful health office links;
Extreme Cold Prevention Ideas from the CDC. (Click)